The Jeffery Family - Captain Tom
Lisa Moore - 9' 5"
Congratulations to all our winners and thank you to those that voted and supported the show.
Certificates will be sent out to the winners in due course.
Thank you to everyone who entered and made the show such a success!
As our real Summer Show for 2020 has been cancelled due to the unforeseen events related to the Covid-19 infection, we are going to have a “Just for Fun” Show instead.
The idea is that to celebrate your efforts, both your normal ones and those created under lockdown. We therefore hope you will join us in having a fun photograph based Virtual Summer Show.
There are 12 classes of entry. Some will attract a “people’s vote”, others are just for fun. Your photographs will be posted both on the Framfield and Blackboys Horticultural Society website and they may be selected for Facebook.
There is a window for entry starting on what would have been the date of our Summer Show 2020, the 8th August 2020. Entries close by 6pm on the 15th August 2020.
The whole idea is that there will be no monetary or trophy prize for winning this year. However, there will be a “public vote” for 6 of the classes after the closing date for entries after which certificates will be awarded.
Details of the voting will be here on the website shortly after the 15th August deadline with notification on social media.
1. A Display of Fruit and Vegetables from My Garden or Allotment - A collection of any edible produce from your garden and/or allotment displayed in a way of your choosing, perhaps a plate, trug or even a wheelbarrow! Entry by photograph. (See details below.) Winner decided by Vote.
2. A Vase of Mixed Flowers from My Garden or Allotment - A collection of flowers picked and displayed in a vase of your choosing. It is the flowers not the arrangement that is important. Entry by photograph. (See details below.) Winner decided by Vote.
3. My Show Stopping Decorated Cake (Adult or Child) - A homemade cake decorated in a style of your choosing to be spectacular (and hopefully tasty!) Maybe have a slice cut from it if there are important internal features! Adult and children’s cakes judged separately. Entry by photograph. (See details below.) Winners decided by The Framfield & Blackboys Horticultural Society Committee.
4. I Made This Item (Adult) - A craft item made in any medium at all (artwork, handicraft or anything creative). Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
5. I Made This Item (Child) - A craft item made in any medium at all (artwork, handicraft or anything creative). Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
6. Lockdown Photograph (Adult or Child) - Any photograph summing up the “lockdown of 2020”. Entry by photograph. (See details below.) Winners decided by Vote.
7. Produce Arranged As A Face (Children only) - Make a face using only vegetables and fruit. Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
8. A Decorated Vegetable (Children only) - Starting with a vegetable, add whatever you need to decorate the vegetable. Most end up looking like animals but maybe yours will be different! Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
9. A Picture of Me and My Pet (Children only) - Most likely a photograph (but it doesn’t have to be!), of the owner and the pet. Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
10. A Photograph Of You With Something(s) You Have Grown - A photograph of you, proudly showing something(s) you have grown in your garden and/or allotment. Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
11. Tallest Sunflower - A photograph of your tallest sunflower. The height needs to be measured and sent in with the picture. Entry by photograph. (See details below.)
12. Scarecrow – Family - Entry Make a scarecrow and display it outside your home from the 8th to the 21st August. Send the address to Denise (details below) and we will organise a photograph to be taken. Entry by sending your details. (See below.) Winner decided by Vote.
A PDF version of this schedule can be downloaded and printed by clicking the link below.
It will be very odd not to have our regular community show this year, but we hope you will embrace our Virtual Show and participate in the spirit intended. Most of all we hope you will have fun taking part and please stay safe.
We hope to be back with the full, real Summer Show on 14th August 2021.
Entry Details: Photographs to be sent from 8th August – Deadline is 6pm on 15th August. Please email your entries to Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th August, 6pm.
• Your photograph(s)
• Class no(s) (from 1 to 12) – make it clear which photograph is for which class
• Name (and age if under 16)
• Your contact details, including your postal address and a telephone number
We are really looking forward to seeing your entries! By sending your details to the email address above, you consent to your information being stored until the 14th August 2021. I understand that I may be contacted in connection with the Summer Shows in 2020 & 2021.
Your information will NOT be passed on to any other parties by the Framfield and Blackboys Horticultural Society.